Wednesday 13 June 2012

Vegas cockroach trap

There is a very plain, household method of trapping cockroaches. Vegas Cockroach Trap . Wiki explains the method :-
"An inexpensive roach trap can easily be made from a deep smooth-walled jar with some roach food inside, placed with the top of the jar touching a wall or with sticks leading up to the top, so that the roaches can reach the opening. Once inside, they cannot climb back out. An inch or so of water or stale beer (by itself a roach attractant) will ensure they drown. The method works well with the American cockroach but less so with the German cockroach. A bit of Vaseline can be smeared on the inside of the jar to enhance slipperiness. The method is sometimes called the "Vegas roach trap" after it was popularised by a Las Vegas-based TV station. This version of the trap uses coffee grounds and water"


                             ***********************************************

A's soul met B's soul on doors of another world transport station (readers are allowed to have their share of imagination here). They were queued alongwith fellow souls to be allotted a place in hell or heaven.  A and B entered a into a friendly chit chat (you are allowed to debate on social skills of soul, here..). The only norms that I have followed here, is keeping souls free of gender discrimination and form/shape differences.

Intending to start a conversation, A asked B "So.. How did you get here??" B, although in no mood of talking, yet felt obliged to answer the question , good manners you see... "Oh nothing, really.. I used to live on that tiny planet down there.. you see that one.. the one covered with grey clouds.. part them.. yeah you see some brown land, some black water.. that is it.. It is called Earth there.. I was born there.. One day from distance, I saw a place which appeared to have some better food, a glamorous location, some free beer, saw several others spending their lifetime there. So I left all that I had with me, and moved to the place. When I reached there, I realized I was a fool to fall in the trap. It was no better than the place I used to live in, infact worse, and others had not spent their lifetime in that place.. They had been killed while trying to rescue themselves, just the way I was killed"

A exclaimed "Hola Amigo!!! Even I died the same way..Wow.. we ARE soul mates!! Its a pity I did not come across you on Earth. Hope to see you in next life! "


As the queue advanced, and many more joined in, A got engaged in conversations with other souls. Meanwhile B brooded over his condition. Probably he was still left with a dash of  moh-maya sprinkled on his soul, which was to be purified in the next decisive step, of hell or heaven. A rebuked him "Hey, you are no longer online now.. You should RELAX! Come join me for a song ". And it was no longer than a minute, when A had gathered a mob, and they began chanting " Sadda haq.. aetthe rakh.. mann se jeena ya marr jaana..aaaaa....".

                             ***********************************************

 We are back on earth. Ground realities. Laxman's wife was beating her chest, at the suicide of her husband " arey kuchh batate bhi to nahi thhe.. bass apne mein hi pareshaan rehte thhe.. kuchh bola hota kabhi.. arey kuchh bol kar to jaate.." She wailed , and other women of neighborhood, stuffed cloth in their mouths sobbing in an inconsolabe fashion. Every body thought.. "poor poor widow.. and how will she get money.. oh yess she has rich brothers. "
Men thought "She is young and beautiful, what a waste!" Women thought " Oh I better stop my husband from visiting this house frequently now".
And Laxman's wife thought " I was better off back in our small town.. So many men drooling after me.. and father married me to this SOFTWARE ENGINEER. It was when I came to city I realised that he owned a cyber cafe.. He never loved me..  was busy chasing his dreams.. Earning money , taking loans, burdening himself with EMIs,and thinking ways to earn more money. Did not even let me have children.. His father had such good shop back in town, and he thought it to be a bad business, only to come and own a cyber cafe here!! What is the use.. Why should I lead a love-less life??Why???? And now this house will be sold, and all my jewels. Any ways I never asked for jewels, or palatial house.. Maybe I would get some peace when I go back to my brother's house.. Will take up some job there.."

Two blocks away, a maid swept off dead cockroaches from the trap-jar (Vegas Cockroach Trap) which her malkin had set to get rid of cockroaches.


                             ***********************************************

God's assitance sat on the door of hell/heaven.

Assistance to A - "Laxman, you have had your share of miseries and hardships and tensions. You will go to heaven".

Assistance to B - "You stupid cockroach,you were given a peaceful life, but you killed yourself out of  greed. Now you will take birth on earth again as a human, and become a preacher, teaching the world about malefic greed, suffer hardships of being a human-being, will get involved in a sex-scandals, as most preachers do, and die. Come back to us then, will decide your fate."
                                                                                  
                                                                                                       


28 comments:

  1. Vegas Trap.... <>.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different :) and throughtful (?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I suddenly burst after watching COCKTAIL trailer , i was sitting next to my mom and started blabbering , Saif was my target and my complain was at the age which is commonly said "mid life crisis"... he is dancing with two beautiful expressionless sisters.

    It started with this and suddenly conversation found another topic as my sister changed the TV channel on which this song was played "Keh doon tumhe ya chup rahun ".... old song Sashi Kapoor and Neetu Singh .. age of bell bottoms... 70's .. i told my mom I wish i culd be born in that age.. but she cant help in that :).. my point was different .. the way i see it that age/period has got less struggle ,people were literally living human life ... think about it.. let your imagination flow.. less competition.. slow and simple life...less complicated ...
    But now life is so tough... I dont say my life is life if difficult .. i am earning good and enough to prop myself.. but see my surroundings.. I see people struggling .. i see them perspiring , wrinked faced.. half eyes closed ..still out in the June summer founding their means of life...

    Are we really humans or human sent to live a dogs life...??? .... I wonder ..

    You say roaches lived peaceful life .. "but whats the pride in this form of life .. the form which reflects only hatred as first and last reaction".... this would have been my way of thinking in 1970's...

    But now I will say..you little roach you are lucky dude... :)

    PS: As asked ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review Manoj... You should write more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..... freshh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aweffome experiment anvita...!! keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome creativity in choronology, Simple but effective style, Creativity is actually skimming over it and that makes it refreshing to flow through it... An admired reader and Akhil's friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nishant, feedbacks like these promote me to write more :)

      Delete
  9. 1. About the thought process.

    I feel this blog is about people living in illusions that a
    better life is awaiting them and when they move towards it , they end up in a worse condition.
    Also i feel this blog is trying to say few more things (like complexities of human mind and thoughts) which are quite subtle.

    So i would like to have a bit of clarification on the point this write up is trying to make. ( for my own better understanding)
    By the way this blog reminds me of a line of Tagore.
    "Nadi ka kinara kahe lekar lambi saans...
    Us paar hai saara sukh,Ye hai mera Vishwass..."

    2. About The Style of writing and the writer's stamp.
    You have a very different approach which makes reading quite an experience. I appreciate this style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Sandeep,
      Thanks for taking out time to write a review. You are spot on in identifying the subtle hints that I am throwing on human psyche. I have tried a bit to explore different approach to any situation b/w man and woman.. though very little space for this in my writeup... also difference in what people want from life... like Laxman's wife wanted peace and laxman was ambitious, but not very strong to face failures in the way of ambition...

      Also thanks for appreciation about writing style .... :o)

      Delete
  10. Don't square around just one theme, I guess I can read about misery/hardship.. what else u have 2 offer ?

    Common phrase "Beating chest out.." y some1 has 2 do that in every incident ?
    -Anuj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy.. Thats a veryy good feedback Anuj!!!! Thanxx :o) :o)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anvita,
    Normally it requires effort to go through others blog....but I must admit I just skeed through the entire post. I haven't read an interesting reading as this for ages. Deep thoughts, enlightening wisdom rolled in some stomach-aching humour.You have amazing writing skills, it waas a treat to have read the same. Keep up the good work :)
    Best Wishes,
    Akshat

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very good read indeed. I was kind of forced to read it, but actually, I enjoyed it a lot. Great writing style, good explaination of the Vegas trap and nice subtle hints.
    Almost half of people who moved from villages/towns to cities are living this kind of life. It's not bad to have ambitions, but by living and thinking of future alone, one tends to forget one's present.
    -Ayush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you read and left a comment Ayush :)

      Delete
  14. Isiliye hum jyada books nahi padhte .... samjhne ke liye fir se shuru karna padta hai ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ye kaisa feedback thha Arnav... mujhe to padhkr bhi nhi smjh aa rha :'(

      Delete
  15. You may not be able to keep roaches out of your home entirely. If you do happen to see a few running around, you may be able to get rid of them easily though. cockroach traps

    ReplyDelete